LOK Fans: According to Bryke, the first six episodes of Book 3 have been completely finished for a while now.
Nickelodeon: Yes that’s true.
LOK Fans: So you could make a trailer for us fans from that footage yes?
Nickelodeon: Well yes, we actually already have one.
LOK Fans: WHAAAAAT?!? You already got one??!
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Tenzin’s Family
Avatar and Korra co-creator Mike DiMartino talks about Tenzin and Meelo training lemurs in this clip from the Book 2: Spirits Blu-ray behind-the-scenes special features - via IGN.
Book 2 is set to arrive on DVD and Blu-ray on July 1st.
The Legend of Korra’s second big year is coming to Blu-ray and DVD this summer, and IGN has the first info on the release of Book Two: Spirits, along with two exclusive behind-the-scenes clip. The 14-episode set will be available on July 1st, and includes plenty of extras.
Blu-Ray exclusive special features:
- Audio commentaries- From series creators, cast and crew for all 14 episodes
- (17) Scene Bending Animatics- Take a look at the animation process behind The Legend of Korra. Watch as we show you the process of how the character sketches, layouts, and rough animation became this action-packed scene in Book 2.
- Inside the Book of Spirits- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Legend of Korra: Book 2! Join show creators, Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko as they run through the creative process from story concepts to scripting to the animation phase, and more.
- The Re-telling of Korra’s Journey- From leaving her home in the Southern Water Tribe to quickly putting her Avatar skills to the test against the Equalists, get ready to relive the exciting adventures of Avatar Korra in this extended Book 1 recap with 30 minutes of video clips!
- Kindred Spirits: Tenzin’s Family- “Kindred Spirits: Tenzin’s Family” is an all-access deconstruction of his familial relationships, from his children to his siblings with interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.
Additional Blu-ray special features:
- Feuding Spirits: Korra’s Family
DVD special features:
- Audio commentaries- From series creators, cast and crew for four episodes.
- (2) Scene Bending Animatics
- Feuding Spirits: Korra’s Family - “Feuding Spirits: Korra’s Family” is an in-depth look at Korra’s entire family dynamic, from her father to her uncle with interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.
I ALMOST SCREAMED IN CLASS THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
We celebrate 2 years of Avatar Podcasting as Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Kelly (Gemini530), Troy (Trojan People), Greg (Greg2b) and the legend himself Callum (Badgermole1) to discuss 2 years of podcasting as we talk about our and our listeners favourite moments. We also discuss the latest news including a bunch of product announcements before ending with a review of K104 The Voice In The Night.
NOTE/ Make sure to check out the most legendary podcast moment of all time which I edited in at the 29 minute mark. It really is moment you need to hear.
Such a fun show, having Callum back on after a long absence and remembering all of the best moments from the last 2 years of podcasting. It is not bad at all that we have some interesting news to talk about too and a great episode to review.
KORRA TO PREMIERE THIS FALL/WINTER!
Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Kelly (Gemini530), Troy (Trojan People) and Greg (Greg2b) to first cover some news featuring Bryan Konietzko’s return to tumblr with Book 3 images before and in-depth review of The Rift Part 1. Grab your copy of the book and read along with us as we analyse as we go.
These comic reviews are always my favourite podcasts to do, probably even more so than the Korra episode reviews, just because we are reading the book as we discuss and it is easy to see what someone else points out. Also the comics are just so good right now, this is no exception.
Some very interesting theories about the mysteries here also.
It may be hard to believe since Book 3 hasn’t even aired yet (SOON!), but we just had the final Korra animatic meeting this afternoon for the Book 4 series finale episode. It’s been bittersweet saying goodbye to so many amazing crew members as their teams have rolled off the production these last few weeks. Pictured here, left to right: Melchior Zwyer (director), Lauren Montgomery (supervising producer), Joaquim Dos Santos (co-executive producer), Ki-Hyun Ryu (supervising producer), me, Owen Sullivan (assistant director), and Mike. In hindsight, I wish we had lined up this shot so it looked like the Mac desktop tiger’s ears were sprouting from Mike’s head.
P.S. Though we had the animatic meeting, that still means there’s a TON of work left to do on Book 4. That is still part of the pre-production process.
As “The Legend of Korra” gears up for its return with Book 3 “Change,” fans should keep their eyes peeled as the Nickelodeon prepare for the upfront on March 13.